Friday, May 27, 2005

And then I woke up...

I have to take my mother to work every morning at 5:20 am. Even if I have to work til Midnight, its my obligation. So when I get home at 6:15 I will usually go back to sleep. This morning I woke up crying because something played a cruel joke on me.

I dreamed in that 2 hours that my wife showed back up at the house. Wearing her wedding set. Apologized for the way she acted and said she wanted me back. Asked me to put back on my wedding band. And we sat down and talked like we would have normally done,I tld her that I had been out on dates, and she forgived me. She told me what she had done. And then we made love on our bed and I just felt so relieved that all this was over. That my life was back on tracke and I would not be another divorce statistic, and I would do anything to make her happy, whatever it took.

I could feel everything, the soft touch of her skin, the smell of her hair. Everything was vivid, and it felt real, like I did not even know I was dreaming.

And then I woke up...

Today is not going to be a very good day. Becuase I just went from being happy to miserable again. Just like that.

Maybe that movie was right, the brain can believe in something and make us happy, and it does not have to be true to make us happy. All I know is I wish I could sleep forever and that be reality and this divorce shit be the dream.

Have a great day everyone