Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The First Move

Okay, so today at the bank I made the first move, sort of. I delivered the birthday card from last week. A sweet gesture and no phone number, to let her know that yes I thought she was attractive. She probably already knows that is how I feel. But the card confirmed it.

The card said, "To the Lady who owns the beautiful smile, who makes my Tuesdays that much better."

I know probably corny, but hey, it is also something simple and sweet. I had the other girl hand it too her, and since I have code words for everyone who appears in the blog, we shall call her "poison"(Not a mean name for her, I do not think she is icky or something)

poison is very funny, She knows for a fact I have a crush on this girl. She was trying to get me to sign up for a checking account at this bank, "You could see your friends everyday." The entire time she says this she is pointing her thumb back toward the bank girl.

Bank girl herself was busy, but she did look over my way at one point and gave me a wave, the kind that are almost more like spirit fingers. And smiled. Then later I said out loud in her direction, that I heard someone had a birthday last week. And you could just see a smile come across her face.

"Yeah I am getting old."

As I was leaving I just stepped over into poison's window, she made it real easy because she asked what my last name was. (I am wondering what that is about also?) I handed her the card, and asked if she could hand it to Bank girl. She said, but of course. And I told her to have a good day and left.

Poison handed her the card, I heard her call for her. And I also heard her let out a loud Awwwwwwww (from Bank Girl)

Part of me had wished I had stuck my phone number in there, but I also did not want for people who don't know what is going on, to stick there nose in my buisiness. Everybody is going to ask what a birthday card says, and if a phone number is attached well you get the drift.

So I am not sure how this will turn out. No one came to see me at work today, so who knows. But at least I took more steps. But lets hope I did good work.

LAter
Robert