Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Bad Day Yesterday

Yesterday was not the best of days for me. I had been on a great run of feeling good for myself, but yesterday kind of brought me back down. And no it was just not the email.

The moment I got home from doing Laundry yesterday at my mom's apartment. I was tired, sine I stayed the night over there the night before. Sleeping on the couch can cause you to feel miserable.

I got home and walked in my apartment, and I knew something was not right. I was very hot. My air conditioning had quit working. So I sat down and checked my email, and we all know how that turned out (Update: I was told that he will never be contacting me again, and that she would not ever read this blog again)

So I call to see if I can get anything done about that. I figured that I would not be able to get a hold of someone, so I was planning on just leaving a message. Someone actually answered the phone. She was sending over the maintence guy. It was 6:30 PM and I was getting service.

So my night of laying comfortable on the couch was blown to hell. It was more like laying in a sauna. So i quickly throw away some newspaper and junk on my counter and vaccum before the guy gets there. (This kind of comes in important later).

The could not get it fixed today, but they did give me a window unit for a temporary fix. So I was not going to die from Heat exhaustion. So somewhere around 9:30 or so I realize I am really getting hungry.

I decide I was going to go for a walk around the corner to McDonalds. Never mind that it is pissing and pouring. So i start gathering my stuff, Keys, got em, cell phone, got it, wallet... wallet... where the frig is my wallet.

I spend the next hour frantically searching for my wallet. I look everywhere, i tear this apartment apart. No luck. I try to call my mom to see if I left it there. She wont answer her phone.

So I am so frantic, and worried that I drive back over to my mom's place... which is like a 45 minute drive. I then proceed to ransack her apartment looking for it. I eventually even wake her to look for it. We have no luck...

So i drive back home, just sick to my stomach. It was a bad day, and I just knew when I got home I was going to have to go dumpster diving for my wallet.

So here I am, with a long pole, and a borrowed flash light from a drunken neighbor. Lucky for me the trash dumpster was damn near empty. So I could easily locate the items I threw in it. I did not however find my wallet.

So i am soaked to the bone now, tired exhausted and depressed. I sit down at the computer. I ask for an answer from my guardian angel to help me find my wallet. I look up, scan the room and then it dawns on me.

I checked the home phone when I got home, and wondered why earlier my mom's apartment complex had called me. They left a voice message but i could not listen to it earlier. Now I got it to work...

Hi we have a wallet turned in here that someone found. blah blah blah.

The only reason they had my phone number is because a long while back when i was trying to work up the courage to ask out the bank girl. I had wrote on a piece of paper, "Call me sometime" with my name and phone number.

I of course have never given it to her, so just like the condom in my wallet since after the divorce, it was still there (No I dont really keep a condom in my wallet).

So my wallet is with my mother right now, i am having Ben bring it to me soon, so i do not have to make another trip to Henderson.

On the bank girl front today. She was at the drive through window. So she did walk past me and say hello, and "Thank you for the card, it was very nice." So I am not sure if that was a blow off, or she was busy. Today would not have been the best day for me to ask her out anyway, I was still in a pretty foul mood. And very distracted.

Always next week I guess.

Have a good night.

Robert