Tuesday, May 16, 2006

For Someone who can't Swim, things seem to be Going swimingly

Well I had a fairly good day today. I got up this morning and took myself down to the BMV. I got there about 8:05. There was no line. So I walked down to the grocery to use therestroom and buy myself a drink.

I came back to a line of 5 people. But at least I was able to get into a place right away to get my drivers license renewed. $26 later I come out a little upset at the price, but at least I can drive until 2012. I will have to renew one more time before the end of the Mayan calendar, couldn't they just update the drivers license one more year, so when the world ends we dont have bay $26 beforehand, i mean we cant take it with us when we go. :)

Then procceded to the bank. I walk in the door and se only one bank employee, and it aint my bank girl. I am saddened by this. But oh well, so wait for a few seconds i front of the teller.

She tried to make small talk but, I was kind of distracted, none of the regulars were working up front. Then I hear a familar, Hello. I turn to see bank girl smiling at me.

I ask he if she got wet yesterday doing yard work. She laughed and told me she did not yard work. She asked how i was doing. I told her I was doing pretty good. I total ignored the girl doing our bank deposit.

Bank girl stepped into the window next to mine. Another women came up to hear window. She asked bank girl if she was Tori today (Because that was the name plate sitting in front of her window.) She laughed and said no.

I leaned over and told the other lady, naw she is better than Tori. I got a thank you out of it. And my deposit was done and I walked away, when bank girl yelled to me, See you later, I turned and told her to have a nice day.

See I call that progress, not as much progress as a Sole thought or a pro divorce could get I am sure... but hey this is one large leap for Rob Kind. I actually felt good today when I left the bank. But i ma trying to let her know a little at I time that I am interested in her, I am thinking she is getting the hint.

But as the mentally Challenged individual Bill would say, Oh Well. (Bill is a guy who comes into our store everyday, and you are guarenteed to hear three things, "Oh Well", "That Billy Graham has had That Parkinson's for a lot of years now, I bet he wont live to 88.{Usually followed with another, Oh well}, and "you guys close at xx:xx time tonight right.") Oh that wacky Bill.

Tomorrow is the first day of my vacation. I am thinking of going to the library and check out a few books. I have not read anything in a while. May be see f Stephen King's Cell is availaible or even Michael Crichton's Prey. Surely I can find something to read.

Well good night all.