Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Key

So I wish I had a more exciting story of how to tell you that I got myself locked out. But I do not. How did I lock myself out, well it has to do with Tuesday Morning Paronoia.

You see all new movies in the US are distrubted at least a week before. So we get to take movies home early, and watch them free of charge. The only thing we have to do is make sure we have them back to the store before we open on Tuesday.

Well I am off on Monday. Almost every Monday I am off. So that means it is very important for me to make sure I grab the movies before I leave the apartment. So on Tuesday morning I put them inside my coat's hood, and lay it on the back of the chair.

I also realized before I took my shower, that my watch was laying on my computer desk, so I stuck it in my coat pocket, because I feel weird if I do not have my watch on. I feel naked without it.

I took my shower, read my morning emails, and then got dressed and out the door. I stopped checked my coat pocket, for my keys (I carry 2 sets of keys, very long story) and felt both sets... or so I thought. I closed the door, and it locked behind me.

Then pulled out my car keys. And then realized that my watch was the other set of "keys". I then realized that my apartment keys are not there. I look in every pocket. No dice.

At least I had everything else to get me into work, and too work. But I worried about it for most of the morning. My landlord had to meet me at my apartment at 6;30. I felt so bad, because she had to drive back over from her home to meet me.

Oh well at least I got back into my apartment.